Leeds Community Foundation
Leeds Community Foundation (LCF) is the largest independent grant-maker in Leeds, distributing approximately £4m -£5m a year in grants to third sector organisations, charities and social enterprises. We are supportive of the Leeds Growth Strategy plans and, in particular, the enhanced focus on local communities. In support of the strategy we pledge to:
1. Continue to work closely with businesses to encourage them to expand their community investment activities so as to provide more support for local communities in terms of time, talent and finance.
2. Continue to prioritise our grant-making in the city’s most deprived neighbourhoods to ensure that Leeds as a city of opportunity for all.
3. Work closely with the Council by hosting the Leeds Parks Fund to encourage investment in our parks and green spaces.
4. Continue to be active Ambassadors for Child Friendly Leeds including hosting the new Child Friendly Leeds Fund designed to raise funds to support children and young people in Leeds.
5. Provide a quick response and mechanism for gathering funds in the event of an emergency such as the 2015 floods.
6. Where appropriate, convene our annual lecture Leeds Leads which will help provide a focus on the city’s strengths and encourage a wider awareness of and involvement in community engagement.
7. Secure and manage grants programmes that encourage and support social enterprise start-up and scale up as well as supporting individual social entrepreneurs.
8. Support the city’s cultural and creative sector through championing the bid for Leeds Capital of Culture 2023, and through our normal work supporting work with communities via the city’s major cultural institutions as well as community-based organisations, events and galas.